Sustainable Transportation Analysis & Rating System (STARS) :: December 8th Oakland
- fundamentally reevaluate the purpose of a transportation project or plan (e.g. to provide people access to jobs, education and other daily needs),
- evaluate and prioritize innovative alternatives in the design phase, and
- measure and improve system performance in the ongoing operations and maintenance phases.
Join this co-hosted workshop between APA California Northern Sustainability Committee and the North American Sustainable Transportation Council (STC). Learn how to use a new planning and project development tool, the Sustainable Transportation Analysis & Rating System, or STARS, to simplify the integration of economic, environmental, and social performance into your transportation projects and plans.
STARS is being used on a transit corridor project (Clark County, Washington), a City Transportation System Plan (Eugene, Oregon) and a Regional Transportation Plan (Santa Cruz County, CA). Using STARS will improve the Triple Bottom Line performance of transportation plans and projects. Specifically, STARS will allow you to develop, evaluate, and rate strategies as follows:
- improve access to jobs, school, housing and goods;
- cut petroleum use and greenhouse gas emissions;
- boost the local economy while reducing transportation capital and operating costs;
- improve public support for projects and plans that provide both economic and environmental benefits.
Registration is required and cost $25. To register: http://starssusttrans.eventbrite.com. For more details: http://www.sustainability2030.com/starsapanastc-workshop.